This quick guide will take you through all the steps you need to host a webinar on BigMarker.
SCHEDULING YOUR WEBINAR
- Log in or sign up for a BigMarker account.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the website, near your profile image, click the green Create Webinar button.
- Fill out your webinar details on the following screen.
MANAGING YOUR WEBINAR
After creating your BigMarker webinar, you'll be able to EDIT, DESIGN, EMAILS/INVITATIONS, MANAGE, set up INTEGRATIONS, and ENTER your webinar from this page.
EDIT: To edit your webinar details, click the edit tab to explore all the webinar's features and settings.
Edit page view
DESIGN: To customize your webinar landing page template, and add images and branding to your live webinar, click the design tab.
Design page view
EMAILS & INVITATIONS: To set up and send customized email invitations and reminders, click the Emails & Invitations tab.
Emails and Invitations page view
MANAGE: To access your webinar dashboard, pre-load webinar content, manage webinar registrations, access webinar analytics and other advanced features, click the Manage Webinar tab.
Manage Webinar page view
WEBINAR LANDING PAGE: To access your webinar landing page click the green View Landing Page button on the righthand side of your webinar manager toolbar (see images above). This is the page people will see when they come to register for, and attend your live webinar. This is also where your recording will post if you choose to publish your webinar recording.
Webinar Landing Page view
ENTERING YOUR LIVE WEBINAR
As a host, you'll be able to enter your webinar 60 minutes before it starts. Use the steps listed below to enter your webinar.
- Go to your webinar landing page: Use the personalized link sent to you via email or log into your BigMarker account to access your webinar landing page.
- System requirements: Hosts should have an internet speed of 10+mbps for both upload and download speeds for an optimal webinar hosting experience. Also, please make sure you are on an updated version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge. View the full system requirements here.
- Click the Enter Webinar button. You can access your "Enter Webinar" button from your webinar landing page. If you do not see this button or if you see "Server Initializing", please email email@example.com for assistance.
HOSTING YOUR WEBINAR
Once you enter your webinar, the webinar is "live". This means that anything that you share (i.e. webcam, mic, presentation slides, videos, etc.) will be visible/audible to your audience (if anyone is in the room). We highly recommend testing your mic/camera/presentation etc. before your audience enters the room.
Presenter's view inside the webinar room
*SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF ARTICLE TO OPEN A LARGER VERSION OF THIS IMAGE
- Recording your webinar: You must click the Record tab in your host control panel and then the Start Recording button to record your webinar. It will NOT auto-record.
- Enabling attendee mics/cams: The default settings for attendee mics and webcams is off. To allow them to share their mics/webcams you must to enable them. You cannot turn their mic or camera on for them, you can only enable their ability to share them.
AFTER THE WEBINARYour recording will post on the "Manage Webinar" tab on your webinar page. You will be alerted by email when the recording is available. You must "Publish" your recording in order for your recording to be viewable on your webinar landing page.
ADDITIONAL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- TEST, TEST then TEST again!!! Make sure you and your other presenters test the system at least a day BEFORE your webinar. Click here to open a test room, or schedule one like you would a regular webinar. You can also go to your manage page and open a test version of your webinar.
- If you are planning on attending from a school, large corporation, or religious institution, make sure you are not behind a Firewall, or open the necessary ports if you are.
Update your Web Browser, you need the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, or Opera.
- To use Internet Explorer 11, you will need webcast mode enabled. However, we do not recommend hosting on IE. Microsoft no longer supports or updates IE.
- Test your speed: High-Speed Internet Connection: A consistent high-speed connection with speeds of 2 mbps+ is required(15 mbps is optimum if you will be sharing your screen, video or presentation). Test your speed. If possible, a wired connection is much more stable and will help prevent dropped connections and interference.
- If possible, a wired connection is much more stable and will help prevent dropped connections and interference.
- To increase your bandwidth, close all programs and applications not being used in your webinar.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*OPEN LARGER VERSION OF IMAGE HERE: