- Move closer to your router, but if possible, please try and plug directly into your internet with an ethernet connection. Packet loss is inherent in a wireless connection and directly effects audio and video quality.
- If you're sharing or presenting, disable your web cam or screen share. Switch to MICROPHONE AUDIO ONLY, or DIAL-IN if enabled. Your camera and screen sharing use much more bandwidth than audio alone.*
- Close all your tabs, windows, or quit any other programs you are running.
- Switch wi-fi networks if possible (especially if you are on public or shared network) or ask others to log off.
- Restart your browser, computer or router. If you are getting a robotic sound, restarting your computer might be necessary.
- Disable any browser extensions that might be blocking or slowing down your ability to connect.
- Switch browsers: we recommend Chrome or Firefox.*
- Switch devices. If you're on a mobile device, switch to a computer or laptop if possible.
- If you have an older router, and plan on hosting webinars a lot, buy a new one.
- If you continue to have connection issues, contact your internet provider and firstname.lastname@example.org for more help.
If you are using a DSL modem with a slow uplink, a 3G wireless modem, a hotspot, 3 or 4G mobile connection, a network with some type of proxies/firewalls, or just a slower speed connection, your webinar experience and quality may suffer, including: loss of connection, robotic audio, or video and screen sharing not loading or freezing.
*Please visit our System Requirements for more information.
Please read this three part article How to Increase Internet Speed with some helpful tips on how to improve your internet speed and bandwidth. Here's another article 4 Ways to Speed up a Slow Internet Connection. Both offer relatively simple solutions.
You may also want to do an internet search "How to Increase My Internet Speed" for whatever system you are using whether it be Windows 8 or Mac etc. There are numerous articles written about the topic that can help you troubleshoot and increase your performance. It's best to refer to the most current articles written by reputable sources.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not download or click on any "recommended" product ads or software until you've researched them thoroughly.