Polls are excellent ways to gauge your audience's understanding and enhance comprehension of the session material. They appear as full-screen for your attendees in the webinar room.
Poll questions are optional by default, but hosts can manually require attendees to submit an answer.
You can either pre-load polls in the Manage Webinar tab of the webinar dashboard or create them inside the live webinar room. Learn how to create and distribute polls to your attendees below:
How can I pre-load polls?
1. Log into your webinar and select the Manage Webinar tab.
2. Staying in this tab, scroll down and select Pre-Load Polls, located in the left-hand menu.
3. Select the blue Create Poll button.
4. Skip to How Can I Create a Poll? for further instructions on formatting and sending your poll to attendees.
How can I add polls while I'm inside the webinar room?
1. Click the Poll tab next to the Q&A panel section.
2. Click the Create A New Poll button.
How can I create a poll?
1. Whether you pre-load your poll or create it within the webinar room, the steps for structuring and distributing your poll to attendees are the same. Once you've selected New Poll, a pop-up will appear.
Begin by selecting your question format. Choose between Multiple Choice, 1-10 Rating and Short Answer.
2. If you choose Multiple Choice or Short Answer, type your question in the provided text box. If you choose 1-10 Rating, skip to step 5.
To make polls mandatory for all attendees, uncheck Allow attendees to skip this poll.
5. Click Start Polling or Add To Queue.
6. Once you select Start Polling, your poll question will appear in the Open tab where you will be able to view the results of the poll. Polls will appear as full-screen pop-ups to attendees.
8. If you selected Add To Queue, then your poll question will appear in the Queued tab where you will be able to publish your poll by selecting Start Polling.
8. Once an attendee answers the poll question, the poll response will appear in the Poll section (for everyone).
Attendee view after the poll has been created and once they have selected their answer.
9. Click Close Poll to end the poll for your attendees; to view all closed polls click on the Closed tab.
10. If necessary, you can also delete the poll by clicking Delete.