A great way to make your event go viral is to allow people to enter for free if they share the event on social media. The more people share, the more free and paid people register.
Here's how to allow people to enter a ticketed event for free by sharing:
- Go to the Sell Tickets section under the Event Edit page.
- Click the Paid Tickets button.
- Choose your price (we would recommend a lower amount, like $5.00)
- Choose the Share to Attend for Free option.
- Choose the number of free tickets available.
- Confirm attendees screen shots under the promote manage section of the details page.
How attendees share and register for free
Here is the attendee (logged out) view once your event is live
To enter for free they must:
- Log in to their BigMarker account. If not they don't have an account, just continue with the next steps.
- Click the FREE TICKET button as shown above.
- Choose to share on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
- Take a screen shot of the post.
- If the attendee doesn't have an account, it will ask them to claim their ticket.
Choose the platform
Share it, then take a screen shot
Upload the screen shot
Claim the ticket, or confirm their registration if they already have a BigMarker account