How to Live Stream to Facebook
You can stream to a Facebook Timeline, Group, Page, or Event. You can stream up to 9 webcams, screen sharing, presentation slides, whiteboard annotations, MP4 Videos, and Youtube Videos. When streaming videos, please make sure the video and audio is not copyrighted. Facebook may interrupt your stream if you are streaming copyrighted materials.
1. "Create a Webinar" and choose "Live Stream". Name the webinar like normal.
2. After creating the webinar, go to the webinar's Manage section. There you will see both Setup Facebook Live Stream and Setup YouTube Live Stream. You can't do anything with the Facebook live stream until the webinar is open. Don't worry about adding the streaming key, the streaming key will be added automatically when the webinar is open. Once the webinar is open, click Enter Webinar.
3. To engage live streaming, you will need to share your camera, screen, slides, or videos.
4. Once you have chosen something to share, click the Facebook "Go Live" button. However, you won't be live yet.
5. Next, click "Publish To Facebook" from the popup that appears after clicking go live.
6. Choose where you want to share your stream.
7. It may take a few seconds for Facebook to "Fetch" your video stream.
8. Once your video or screen has loaded, you will see a "Stay Tuned" screen. This screen appears because there is a 30 second delay between Facebook Live and the actual webinar. When you click Go Live, you are actually going live 30 seconds before the actual time.
Please note: To better understand how the delay will affect your webinar, we strongly recommend testing Facebook live before broadcasting to a larger audience.
9. Choose your privacy settings before you go live. You may want to choose "Only me" initially, to make sure everything is connecting correctly.
10. Click "Go Live."
11. In the webinar room, you will see a "Live Streaming on Facebook Live" banner alert. You can also end the stream there by clicking "End Broadcast".
12. Once you're "Live", you will appear within your Facebook Timeline, Group, Page, or Event according to your previous selections.