Did you know that you can stream your BigMarker webinars to Facebook or YouTube? This allows you to share your webinar content directly with your social media audience, no middle man or extra registration links required.
Live Streams include many of the same features as other BigMarker webinars, including:
- HD Audio & Video
- HD Screen sharing
- No limit on presenters
- Website embeds
- Call to Action Pop ups
- Public and private chat
- Q&A and upvoting
- Polls, quizzes and handouts
You can also host your live stream in webcast or interactive mode.
- Webcast mode displays all media at a slight delay to ensure maximum compatibility for attendees across all devices and internet connections. By default, webcast mode is required for sessions with 50 or more participants in the live webinar room.
- Interactive mode is best suited for meetings, town halls and other real-time events where audience members participate with mics + webcams. Presenters and attendees will both see the default webinar room, and there is no delay, allowing for seamless audience participation.
Better yet, you can set up your stream in a matter of minutes following the steps below.
Note: You will conduct your stream and control your audio/video settings within your BigMarker webinar room, but the BigMarker platform will not be visible to your participants.
How do I create a live stream on BigMarker?
1. Log into your BigMarker account, then click Create Webinar, found on the top right corner of any page on BigMarker. On the page that follows, select Live Webinar.
2. Enter your session's name, date, time and privacy settings below, then click Create Webinar.
2. Once you've created your live stream, you'll redirect to its dashboard. Select the Edit tab, then choose the mode in which you will stream the webinar: webcast mode or interactive mode.
3. Staying on the Edit tab, scroll down or use the CTRL-F to locate Webcast mode?.
Remember that webcast mode broadcasts media on a slight delay to ensure that the session is compatible for attendees across various internet connections, whereas interactive mode is shown live to ensure that every person in the webinar room can use their mics and cameras to participate in live conversions.
By default, live streams are automatically run in webcast mode once registration reaches 50 people. However, you can choose to make it required or optional for all attendees using the prompts below. So if you plan to host a 20- to 30-person meeting in which everyone in the live webinar room will participate, you may consider selecting Optional so that each guest can use their mics or cameras in Interactive Mode.
Note that even if you do select Optional, webcast mode will be automatically required if registration reaches 250 attendees.
How do I begin my live stream?
1. Three hours before your live stream's scheduled start time, you can enter the webinar room to practice, test your audio and video settings, etc. Enter the webinar room by pressing Enter Webinar in the blue banner along the top of your screen.
2. Once you've entered the webinar room, click "Go Live" in the upper right corner of your screen to initiate a live stream to Facebook or YouTube. There are two separate icons—one for Facebook and one for Youtube—to begin streams to either site. You cannot stream to both Facebook and Youtube Live simultaneously.
How can I stream to Facebook Live?
1. After selecting Facebook Live, click Publish to Facebook on the following pop-up to proceed to your Facebook account. Before moving any further, ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from Facebook Live and that you're prepared to stream, either with one webcam or screen sharing capabilities.
2. Log into the Facebook account that will host your stream.
3. Then designate where your live stream will be posted. This could be a company timeline, a private group page or event page.
4. Preview your audio, video and streaming settings in the preview room shown below. If your settings meet Facebook's system requirements, press Go Live to begin your Facebook live stream.
5. After starting your live stream, you'll be directed back to your webinar room in BigMarker.
6. Confirm that your Facebook Live has begun by checking the dark blue banner on the top of your screen. End your live stream by clicking End Broadcast on the right side of the banner.
How Can I Stream to Youtube Live?
1. After choosing YouTube Live, follow the steps below to publish your stream to your YouTube account. In the pop up that appears, enter your YouTube Live URL and Live Key.
2. Your YouTube Live URL and YouTube Live Key are located in the lower left-hand corner of your YouTube Live Studio Dashboard. Click the copy button next to Stream Key and Stream URL, then paste them into the respective boxes in the pop up shown above
3. Once you enter these links into your BigMarker webinar, it will begin streaming live on Youtube. You'll be redirected back to your BigMarker webinar room, with a gray banner on the top of your screen indicating that you are currently streaming to YouTube.
4. To end your broadcast, press End Broadcast on the right-hand side of this banner.