New as of 10/11/2022: View analytics for each email campaign at a webinar level. See each email recipient's email address, action that occurred, and time stamp.
The BigMarker virtual event solution comes with a suite of automated event-level emails. These emails are sent by default from the BigMarker platform, although you can change the send date and time within the email editor. You can create new messages or delete pre-existing messages as desired. All emails can be customized with your branding, colors, and unique copy within the BigMarker platform.
What kinds of event emails can I send through BigMarker?
Below are the automated event-level emails included in our email suite:
- Invitation Email: Invitation email templates automatically include the title, date, description, and registration link to your webinar or online event. In addition to the initial invitation, invitation reminders are sent to recipients who did not register at the following time intervals: one day after the first invite is sent, one month before the event, and one day before the event.
- Registration Confirmation Email: Immediately upon sign up and payment (if applicable), registrants receive a confirmation email listing the date and time of the event, logistical details, and a link to BigMarker’s system requirements.
- Registration Reminder Email: Reminders are crucial for optimizing your event’s show-up rate. two registration reminder emails are sent to everyone who has signed up for your event, coming one day and 30 minutes before its scheduled start time.
- Follow Up Email: Sent to all registrants following the event, this can include a feedback survey, a link to the event replay, and a general thank you message, as well as any necessary call to action, offers or trials.
- Presenter Notification and Reminder Email: Presenters are automatically sent a confirmation email when they are added to a session as a speaker. Then, because nobody wants a speaker accidentally skipping their session, two reminder emails are sent to all slated presenters. These are sent one day and one hour before the event as a whole begins, regardless of when each individual speaker is scheduled to present. NOTE: These emails include the speaker’s individual entry link to their session, so it’s crucial that you enter each presenter’s most current email address to the BigMarker platform.
- General Email: These emails are separate from invitation, confirmation and reminder emails. Create entirely custom emails acting as offers or announcements that can be sent to your general audience, or filter to certain individuals based on custom registration fields. These can be sent before or after your event.
How do I create event emails?
Now that you know the types of emails you can send, let’s see how they look. Below, we’ll walk through the buildout of an event email on BigMarker.
To create an event-level email, you’ll proceed from your BigMarker series dashboard to the Emails and Invitations tab.
Under Reminders and Notifications, you’ll see a list of the different types of automated emails available, which are pre-scheduled to send before your event. To activate or deactivate any of these messages, toggle them on or off.
To customize and send an automated email from a pre-existing template, select your desired email type in the list below and click Edit.
This will open a template, which you will edit and customize for your event’s needs in the next steps.
You can also create additional emails of each type by pressing the blue Add New Emails button, then selecting your desired email category in the pop up that appears.
Note: For On-Demand recordings, you will receive a “Recording is ready” email after it has been processed. You can turn off these recording emails on the Edit tab, toggling off Admin Recording Notification Email
How do I design and send my virtual event email?
No matter which email you choose, you will customize it within the BigMarker template with the following steps. Note that because you are sending your email to pre-existing segments of your event contact list, you will not need to manually upload a list of contacts to receive this email.
Recipients: First, you'll schedule your email using the prompt below.
For General Emails, you have the ability to select who receives them. You can choose from Presenters, Registrants, Attendees, Registered but did not attend, and now Registrants who registered with custom registration fields and Registrants within a specific time frame.
When using Registrants matches certain field values, it will populate a list of contacts to send to registrants that have answered specific answers to the custom registration field. Select the custom registration field for this email using the top dropdown menu. Then, select the answers you’d like that are associated with the custom registration field in the bottom dropdown menu.
When using the specific time frame, you will be able to select the time that recipients will receive the general email. You can set this email to send only to certain registrants during a time frame, say a half hour or so. You can create specific emails to these recipients showcasing exclusive content or offers, give them an inside look into a session you want to highlight and more.
After checking off this setting, two check boxes will appear for you to select the time from and time till to qualify the recipient to receive the email.
Email Content: Your event’s date, time, description, and registration link are automatically populated in the message. Within the editor, you can also add or edit your subject line, body copy, and a closing message. To personalize your email, you can also add tokens that pull in your invitees’ names, as well as your webinar’s title and other attributes (find a list of tokens in the Series Detail tab).
As you edit, changes are reflected in real-time on a preview due right.
Tokens that can be included in your email:
(Note: For Registration Confirmation emails, you are able to modify the call-to-action button text and link of the registration emails that are sent before and after your event. You can do this in the Button text and Button text (after webinar) fields.)
Next, navigate to the Footer tab, then enter your company's contact information. Ensure that Unsubscribe text is showing and you've included a link to your company website under Footer Logo Link, in compliance with local and international data privacy regulations. You can add a Footer description, which goes underneath the Unsubscribe text, as well as a logo if desired.
For your email's content and footer, you are able to save your settings as the default for the channel's email. To do so, check off Set this email content as my channel's default email or Set this footer as my channel's default email footer under the footer section.
Email Design: BigMarker emails are fully customizable, letting you incorporate your branding, and colors into your virtual event promotion. Here, I’ve added the BigMarker logo and colors to my event email. Click Review and Schedule to continue.
Review and Schedule: You will proceed to a confirmation page, which will confirm that you've entered all the required information or prompt to add any missing content.
Test Your Email: Once you're ready to send, you can send yourself a test message by clicking Send A Test at the bottom of the above page, then entering your email in the pop-up that appears. Click Save and Schedule, just right of Send a Test, to complete the process.
Can I view Analytics of my Emails?
Note: Email Analytics are only available for Enterprise plans. If interested, please contact our Events Experts at firstname.lastname@example.org. Analytics are available ONLY for emails sent after September 23rd, 2022. Any emails sent prior to this will not have an analytics report.
View a comprehensive list of analytics for your webinar or series emails, containing delivery rates, bounce rates, click rates and more. These reports get updated in real-time and show the individual email addresses that are sent to the recipient, if it was sent or blocked and more.
Click the graph icon to open up a slide out window that will give you an overview of the email’s performance.
In the Statistics tab, view analytics for:
- Sent to: the total amount of recipients the email was sent to
- Delivery Rate: the percentage of emails delivered
- Bounce Rate: the percentage of emails that bounced
- Open Rate: The percentage of emails that were opened
- Click Rate: The percentage of emails that were clicked open
- Unsubscribe Rate: The percentage of emails that were unsubscribed too
You can download a report by clicking Download Report at the bottom to get a file with every email campaign's analytics.
In the Activity tab, you are able to view the journey of the email to recipient, with activity logs of if the email was delivered, bounced, opened, clicked and more. You will be able to see the action, the recipient and the date and time for each activity. This makes tracking and troubleshooting your attendee’s emails easier than before. Search or filter emails based on recipient, events (opened, clicked, sent, etc.) and time frame.
In the Suppression tab, you will be able to see any email that experienced difficulty in getting delivered. It will display the same as in the Activity tab, but show if the email was bounced or unsubscribed.