Set up your BigMarker and Marketo integration in eight easy steps:
1. When you create a webinar on BigMarker, head to your webinar dashboard, and head over to the Integrations tab. Find the Marketo integration.
2. Sync Marketo with BigMarker: Enter your Marketo Client ID, Client Secret, Endpoint (REST) and Identity Endpoint into the fields below. Because BigMarker is not listed in Marketo Launchpoint, you will need to assign the user an API Only role on Marketo, then add BigMarker as a custom service so that you can use BigMarker with the ReST API.
Follow the steps provided in the links provided, then return to step 2 on the BigMarker platform to enter the requested information.
3. Import Settings: If you want your BigMarker account to be constantly updated with new leads that have been added to your Marketo account, check “Yes, import new leads.” This will check Marketo every 15 minutes for new leads to add to your BigMarker account automatically.
4. Export Settings: Next, you will export your BigMarker event registrants, attendees and recording viewers, as well as the actions those individuals take on BigMarker, to Marketo Leads. Marketo Leads are essentially individual entries for each person that interacts with your company.
First, check “Enable export registrants to Marketo as Leads” so that your registrants and their data will flow to Marketo.
Then, under “Please select which time export to Marketo,” select the webinar for which you’d like to export data to Marketo. All of the webinars hosted by your BigMarker account will appear in thedropdown menu below this prompt.
In the next three prompts, enter the program status for registrants, attendees and recording viewers of that webinar. The “program status” is essentially the Marketo field that will store those participants’ names and data (so if you enter ‘registered’ under “program status for registrants,” your BigMarker registrants will be stored as ‘registered’ on Marketo.)
5. Map Data Fields: Here, you will match your data fields on BigMarker to their counterpart on Marketo. Once you’ve synced your Marketo account with BigMarker, all of the data fields on your Marketo account will appear in the dropdown lists under Marketo Lead Field. Select from those options to map each BigMarker data field to Marketo.
For example, if your webinar’s BMID is tracked as “BMID Number” on Marketo, select “BMID Number” from its corresponding dropdown menu under “Marketo Lead Field.”
(Note: You cannot create a new data field for your Marketo account on this page.)
6. Export Registration Data as Marketo Activities: Next, you will export your registration data fields as Marketo Activities.
What is a Marketo Activity? While Marketo Leads track the individuals that interact with your company, Marketo Activities track the specific actions that those Leads take to interact with your company. Per Marketo’s developer page, “There are several ways a person can interact with your organization. They may visit your company's website, attend one of your tradeshows, or perhaps click a link in an email you sent them. These actions are activities, and whatever action they take, Marketo captures it so your Marketing Team can better understand how to send them timely and relevant communication.”
So when people sign up for a webinar, you will know not just that this person has interacted with your content, but they signed up for this webinar in particular.
First, check “Enable export webinar registration data to Marketo as activities.”
Then select your desired Activity from under “Select Marketo activity type to use for registration activity.” Most likely, this will be “New BigMarker webinar,” or something similar. Note: As in previous steps, you will choose from Activities that have already been created on your Marketo account in the provided dropdown (you will not be able to create a new one.)
Then, map each data field on BigMarker to its counterpart in Marketo, as you did in the previous step. For instance, if you’re tracking each webinar ID as “webinar name” in Marketo, you would select “Webinar Name” in the corresponding dropdown menu.
7. Export Attendance Data as Marketo Activities: You’ve just exported your registration data to Marketo Activities—now you are going to export your attendance data to Marketo Activities. This way, you can track the actions your attendees are taking once they’re in the webinar room itself.
Like the previous step, check “Enable export attendance data to Marketo as activities…” then select your desired Marketo activity type in the following dropdown menu. Then map each data field on BigMarker with its corresponding custom field in Marketo, e.g., if you are tracking “handouts downloaded” on BigMarker as “# of handouts downloaded” on Marketo, select “# of handouts downloaded” from the corresponding dropdown menu under Marketo Custom Field.
8. Export Recording View Data as Marketo Activities: Finally, you will export your recording viewers’ data to Marketo Activities, following the same steps used in steps 6 and 7. To make all of the settings configured in the previous eight steps the default for the rest of the webinars hosted by your channel going forward, check “save these Marketo Account Settings as the default for this channel.” Then click Save Export Settings to complete.