Note: This feature is available for enterprise clients only.
Round tables are smaller sessions in which business leaders can exchange ideas and discuss pressing topics. These are most often used to spotlight high-level, elevated conversations and also to complement larger keynote and agenda sessions. Learn more about round tables, their functionalities and setup below:
The Attendee and Presenter Experience
Round tables are structured as webinars on BigMarker, so attendees will enter and experience the round table as they would any regular agenda session. They can enter via the agenda or an access link sent via email, then listen, watch and engage as they would for other sessions. Round tables are hosted in standard webinar rooms, so they look and contain the same sharing and multimedia functionalities as other live sessions.
To enter the round table, presenters will also follow the same steps as they would to access any live session on BigMarker. Once they’re in the live session, presenters and hosts can share media, deliver presentations, add video and control their audiences’ cameras and microphones using controls within the Host Control Panel.
How to Create Round Tables on BigMarker
Create your own round tables following the steps below:
- On BigMarker, round tables can be formatted in two ways: You can create a BigMarker webinar to host your round table—or you can link to an external site hosting the session. If you want to format your round table as a BigMarker webinar, create the webinar that will host your round table before proceeding.
Follow all of the same steps you would to create a live webinar on BigMarker. Give your live webinar the same name and time as your round table, then proceed to step two.
- Log into the Series associated with your event. This is the first Series that you created while building your event.
- Once you’ve entered the Series, select the Manage Series tab. Click the Series Setting box, located just underneath the series title.
4. In the left-hand menu, select Round Tables.
5. To create a round table, select New Round, the blue button on the right-hand side of the screen.
6. In the drawer that appears on the right-hand side, name your round table. Then under Link Type, choose the format of your round table.
Remember that round tables can be hosted in two ways: You can create a BigMarker webinar that will host your round table—or link to an external site.
If you want to structure your round table as a BigMarker webinar, select Webinar. Then, in the dropdown that appears, select the webinar you created in step one.
If you want to host your round table on an external site, select Custom URL, then paste the external site’s URL in the text box that appears.
- In the subsequent fields, give your round table a subtitle, customize the access button, and choose background images and colors to display within the room.