BigMarker hosts can now display closed captions in their on-demand sessions.
Note: This feature is available for enterprise customers only.
How can I display closed captions for my on-demand webinar?
1. Log into your on-demand webinar and select the Edit tab on the Manage Webinar page.
2. Scroll to the Advanced Settings section, and Locate the Enable Closed Captioning setting.
3. Once you Enable the Closed Captioning you will have an option to select the original language used during the webinar from our 11 language options.
- English (US),
- English (UK),
- German (Germany),
- French (France),
- Japanese (Japan),
- Korean (Korea),
- Chinese(Mandarin, simplified),
- Chinese (Cantonese, traditional), and
- Russian (Russia) .
- Update, August 26th 2021: Portuguese (Portugal)
Select the Original language used during the webinar.
4. Press Save at the top right corner of the screen before proceeding back to the Manage Webinar page.
5. Staying in this tab, scroll down or use the CTRL-F function to locate Manage Recordings.
6. In the Manage Recordings section, select Edit Player or Edit Video Player.
7. In the left-hand menu that appears, select Customize Player.
8. Select Show Closed Captions. Once this is checked, closed captions will be visible to viewers of your on-demand video.
How can on-demand viewers turn on closed captioning?
If closed captioning is enabled during a session, the "CC" icon will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the webinar room. Click this button to turn on closed captioning for the session.
A dropdown featuring different language display options will open from that icon (options include English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German and Chinese). Click your preferred display language. Once you select a language, closed captioning for the session will appear in this language.