BigMarker hosts can now display closed captions in their on-demand sessions.
Note: This feature is available for enterprise customers only.
How can I display closed captions for my on-demand webinar?
1. Log into your on-demand webinar and select the Edit tab on the Manage Webinar page.
2. Scroll to the Advanced Settings section, then select Enable Closed Caption (as shown below).
3. Once you enable closed captioning, you'll be prompted to select the language in which you're delivering the webinar. Under Closed Caption Original Language, choose from one of our 11 language options.
- English (US),
- English (UK),
- German (Germany),
- French (France),
- Japanese (Japan),
- Korean (Korea),
- Chinese(Mandarin, simplified),
- Chinese (Cantonese, traditional)
- Russian (Russia)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
4. Press Save at the top right corner of the screen, then proceed back to the Manage Webinar page.
5. Staying in this tab, scroll down or use the CTRL-F function to locate Manage Recordings.
6. In the Manage Recordings section, select Download Captions. This box will grey out and read Captions Processing.
7. Once those captions are downloaded, the box will display Download Captions again. From there, click into the Edit Video Player. In the left-hand menu that appears, select Customize Player.
8. Select Show Closed Captions. Once this is checked, closed captions will be visible to your on-demand viewers.
9. Once you have enabled closed captioning, you can select a character limit for the closed captioning content. This ensures that the captions don't overlap with your presentation. Enter the character limit number in the box provided (shown below), or use the arrow keys to adjust the character count. The default is set to 300 characters.
How can on-demand viewers turn on closed captioning?
If closed captioning is enabled during a session, the "CC" icon will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the webinar room. Click this button to turn on closed captioning for the session.
A dropdown featuring different language display options will open (options include English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German and Chinese). Click your preferred display language. Once you select a language, closed captioning will appear in this language.
Can I Add Closed Captioning to my Evergreen Webinars?
(Note: Closed captions for evergreen webinars are available only for MP4 files.)
Yes! You can now add closed captions to your evergreen webinars. Enable closed captioning for your evergreen webinars by navigating to your channel's Settings page, then enabling Enable Automation-Webinar Closed Captioning.
How to Enable Closed Captions on Evergreen Webinars
1. Log in to your evergreen webinar, then select the Automations tab. From there, you'll proceed to the automated timeline for your session. This lists all of the videos, pop-up offers, Q&As, etc. that are scheduled to roll out to your attendees, in the order they will appear in the session.
2. Locate your desired video in your automated timeline. Then select the Pencil icon to edit the video.
3. On the subsequent page, scroll to the bottom and check the Turn on closed captioning box.
4. Your closed captions will then begin processing before being available for your attendees.
Once your Evergreen Webinar begin, your attendees will be able to click the CC icon at the top right hand corner and select their preferred display language.
Can I Upload Files of Closed Captions to my On-Demand Webinars?
Yes! You can upload closed captions files in multiple languages to sync with your on-demand webinars. On the Manage Webinar dashboard, click Edit Closed Captions. In the window that appears, upload a file of closed captions — or download a file of closed captions and edit as desired.