BigMarker has introduced virtual backgrounds for presenters and attendees to use along with their cameras during sessions.
How do virtual backgrounds work?
Virtual backgrounds use the power of AI to "recognize" a participant's face within the video stream, so their face appears in front of the virtual background while they are on video.
What kind of virtual backgrounds can I use on BigMarker?
Participants can use images or videos as virtual backgrounds, and even use a sponsor's logo to create a premium sponsorship placement for their event. They can use one of our provided backgrounds or upload a custom image (png file) or video (mp4) background.
Virtual backgrounds can spark conversations, draw attention to the subject matter or simply make the webinar experience more enjoyable. Read on to learn more about activating this feature.
Note: To use virtual backgrounds, your camera must be turned on and hardware acceleration must be enabled on your browser. (Learn how to enable hardware acceleration in your browser here.)
How can I set my virtual background?
1. Log into your webinar.
2. Before entering the webinar room, you will be prompted to choose your audio source. Choose Computer Audio, so you can use your camera and thus, virtual background.
3. On the next screen, toggle your Webcam ON, using the dial on the right side of the page.
4. Once you've activated your webcam, you'll be able to see a preview of your video stream in the box just below Webcam.
(Note that the video stream is obscured in the image below for privacy purposes, but you'll be able to see your face, as well as anything that other viewers will be able to see, in this preview box.)
5. Select Virtual Background, located just below the video preview box, to set your virtual background.
In the menu that opens, select your desired background.
Pick between several pre-set backgrounds using the colored rectangles in this menu. Or upload your own background by pressing the plus button, then uploading your desired mp4 or png file.
Once you've selected your virtual background and tested your audio, video and Internet connection, select Continue to Webinar to enter the webinar room.
6. In the webinar room, the virtual background will appear as follows.
To scroll through our Virtual Background options, click below