(Note: Currently, this feature is reserved only for Enterprise plan holders and VIrtual Events)
Previously, hosts needed to keep the time for their breakout sessions on a separate device. Now, our breakout rooms include timers, so hosts can control the duration of discussions and automatically end them at a pre-set time.
A countdown clock will display on the top right corner of each individual breakout room, as shown below.
Please note that you must enable the New Interactive Experience within your Audience Permissions section of the Manage Webinar Dashboard for each individual breakout session, otherwise this countdown clock will not display for attendees at all.
Breakout sessions will automatically end once this timer expires and attendees will be redirected back to the main webinar room.
Set time limits for your breakout sessions following the steps below:
How to Enable A Time Limit for Breakout Rooms
1. Log in to your webinar and select the Manage Webinar tab.
2. Staying in this tab, scroll down or use the CMD/CTRL-F function to find Breakout Rooms, located on the left hand side of the page. Select Breakout Rooms.
3. First, activate your session’s breakout rooms by toggling Breakout Rooms from OFF to ON
4. Once you’ve activated breakout rooms, several other settings will appear on this page.
5. Under Set time limit on breakout room, select Enable. Then, enter the number of minutes or select the arrow keys to enter the time limit for your session.
6. Press Save.
How to Enable Countdown Clocks Inside of Each Breakout Room
Note: Countdown clocks are available only for hosts using the New Interactive Experience or Studio. Attendees will not be able to see the countdown clock if this setting is not enabled manually.
1. Stay in the Breakout Settings page. Then under How many breakout rooms do you plan to use?, select the number of breakout rooms you’ll use during your session. The new breakout rooms will appear on the Breakout Settings page, under Pre-configure Breakout Rooms. For example, if you plan to host four breakout rooms, four new webinars will appear underneath Pre-configure Breakout Rooms.
2. Under Pre-configure breakout rooms, select the first webinar in the list.
3. From there, you will proceed to the webinar hosting that breakout session. You can always confirm that you’re editing a breakout room — and not the main session — by reading the prominent messaging along the top banner of this dashboard. (e.g., “This webinar is part of the webinar of Top 10 Marketing Strategies.”)
4. Staying in this tab, scroll down or use CMD/CTRL+F to find Use New Interactive Experience. Toggle this ON to enable the countdown clock within your breakout session.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the rest of your breakout rooms.
For more information on Enterprise Plans, please contact our Sales Team at email@example.com