Note: Our Marketo integration is reserved for Enterprise and White Label customers only.
When users are imported into BigMarker using our standard Marketo Integration, any additions to your BigMarker attendee list will automatically push to Marketo every 15 minutes. But historically, changes made to your existing contacts on Marketo have not automatically pushed to your BigMarker account.
For example: If you import registration data from Marketo for an attendee (we’ll name them Ben Smith) to BigMarker, and you make any changes to Ben Smith’s information (i.e. the custom registration field “Country” is now “Ireland” when it was previously “United Kingdom”) BigMarker will not update this contact information as a default since Ben Smith has already been imported into BigMarker.
However, with our newest update, users can request BigMarker to review the entire import list from Marketo every 15 minutes. This means that any updates to an attendees’ profile on Marketo will automatically be reflected on their BigMarker profile as well. This will allow hosts to ensure that any changes they make to a data field or list in Marketo will also be reflected on BigMarker.
To add on to our previous example, Ben Smith’s country will be automatically updated in BigMarker to “Ireland” once you have made the change in Marketo.
This creates stronger sales and marketing alignment, empowering your team to follow up with leads more quickly, earn more conversions and ultimately generate more revenue from your BigMarker events.
Note: Marketo limits users 50,000 API calls per day (or more depending on your plan with Marketo). For that reason, we advise using this feature only for events with a smaller number of attendees.
In this article, learn how to enable this setting in your Marketo importing process.
How to Set Up Automatic Imports From Marketo to BigMarker
1. Log in to your event and select the Integrations tab.
2. Select Marketo.
3. Enter the account information requested.
4. Once you have entered this information, press Link Account.
5. Once you’ve linked your Marketo and BigMarker accounts, you will be able to see your Import Settings. Scroll down or use the CMD/CTRL+F function to locate Update BigMarker Data with the Latest Marketo Data. Select the corresponding checkbox.
6. Click Save Import Settings to save your current import settings, Click Import Now if you have completed your set up and are ready to begin importing contacts to BigMarker.