We've updated our breakout rooms, including the following:
1. Attendees can now leave their breakout room to return to the main room before their breakout session is over.
2. Attendees can see the Chat Panel from the main room while they're in their breakout session.
This way, attendees can navigate seamlessly between the main room and breakout rooms and stay tuned into session-wide chat conversations in the main room. Learn more about each of these updates below:
How to Allow Attendees To Leave the Breakout Room to Return to the Main Room
- Log in to your webinar and select the Manage Webinar tab.
- Staying in this tab, scroll down and select the Breakout Rooms tab, located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Under Breakout Room settings, enable the setting Allow attendees to return to the main room themselves.
- Click Save to complete.
During your session, open the breakout rooms by selecting the Breakout Room icon on the bottom panel of the webinar room. In the pop-up that appears (shown below), select Start Breakout Room.
Attendees can leave the breakout room by clicking the three dots [...] in the top right hand corner of the room, then selecting -> Return to main room, as shown in the video below.
Main Room Chat Tab
Now, the main room's Chat Panel is visible in each breakout room, allowing attendees to keep up with session-wide conversations or get event-wide news while they're in the breakout room.
When they're in the breakout room, attendees can click the Main Room tab under the Chat Panel to see previous messages that were in the main room — and receive new ones in real time. Watch the video below to see this in action:
(Note: This is automatically enabled if the Chat Panel is enabled for attendees.)
Learn more about Breakout Rooms below: