(Note: Currently, this feature is reserved only for Enterprise and Virtual Events customers.)
You can now sync your Okta Single Sign On (SSO) integrations with BigMarker. Read on to learn how to set up your integration on BigMarker.
You can set up your Okta SSO Integration in two places: Under a Series or in Channel Settings. The steps for setting up the integration is the same in both locations.
However, if you create your Okta SSO in a Series, changes will apply only to those registering for that Series. If you create your integration in Channel Settings, the integration would apply for all hosts and admins on your channel.
How to Integrate Okta SSO with BigMarker
1. Log in to your Okta account. On the left-hand menu, select the Applications tab. From the options that appear, select Applications again.
2. Click Create App Integration, then select the SAML 2.0 protocol. Click Next when finished.
3. From there, you will be prompted to create your SAML integration. Enter in the App Name for your integration in the text box. You can add a logo in the box below if desired
4. Check the box Do not display application icon to users. Click Next when finished. (Note: If applicable, also check Do not display application icon in Okta Mobile app.)
5. You will be redirected to the Configuration page for Okta. Depending on where you would like your Okta SSO configured, go to your Channel Settings or the Series Integration page and copy the Single sign on URL (SAML Assertion Consumer Service (ACS) URL) from BigMarker and paste into the Single sign on URL box in Okta.
6. Next, copy the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) URL in BigMarker and paste it into the Audience URI (SP Entity ID) box in Okta.
7. Next, scroll down to the Attribute Statements section in Okta. For BigMarker, we require first name, last name and email address. In Okta, you will need to enter the attribute statements as seen in BigMarker.
7.1 First, add first_name under the Name column, and use the drop-down menu to select user.firstName in the Value column.
7.2 Click Add Another, and add last_name in the Name column and user.lastName in the Value column
7.3 Click Add Another, and add email in the Name column and user.email in the Value column.
8. Scroll down to the bottom of the page in Okta and click Next.
9. Check off the box I am an Okta customer adding an internal app, then scroll down and click Finish.
From there, you will be redirected to a separate page, where it shows your settings for your SSO. Scroll down the page and locate the Identity Provider metadata link. Click there, and you will once more be redirected to a page that will show you a block of code.
Copy the URL of that block of code, then click back to your BigMarker page, and paste the URL in the Identity provider metadata box under the BigMarker Okta App Settings(Get IDP Metadata Url from Okta app) section.
Click Submit to complete. A blue bar will appear at the top, reading Success which indicates that your Okta SSO account has been fully integrated with BigMarker.
If you created your integration under a Series, registrants for your Series will be redirected to Okta to register. If you created your integration under Channel Settings, admins and hosts will be redirected to Okta to log in.
For more information on Enterprise plans, please contact our Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org