New as of 05/25/2022: New setting to show agenda items to attendees who are not registered for the webinar.
(Note: Currently, this feature is reserved only for Enterprise and Virtual Events plan holders.)
You can now configure filtration settings on your agenda — or selected Series — and easily apply them to your virtual event's schedule. This allows you to add filters to your virtual event schedule more easily and in turn, helps attendees find their desired sessions more quickly.
Learn how to add filters to your schedule below.
How To Add Filtration to Your Agenda
1. First, proceed to the series associated with your event agenda, as this contains all of the sessions that you'll associate with filters. So log onto your main Agenda and select the Manage Series tab. On the next page, select View Landing Page.
2. In the left-hand menu, select Filters.
3. Select Add New Filter, then enter a name for the filter in the Category Title text box. Click Save.
4. From there, add in a filter content, by clicking Add Filter Content. Enter in a sub-category filter in the text box and click Save.
a. Optional: To change the filter's display color, add the hex code of your desired color in the Color box.
5. Repeat the steps above to create as many filters and sub-filter categories for your event.
6. Once you've finished creating your filters, select Manage Series (Beta) to proceed to your virtual event's main dashboard. Then select the Virtual Check-In module (as shown below).
7. Locate the Choose Schedule section, then select Customize (as shown below).
8. From there, you'll proceed to the admin settings of your schedule. Scroll to the bottom of the left-hand menu to find Choose session from series. In the provided dropdown menu, select the series you would like associated with your schedule (i.e., the series in which you created your filters).
9. Once you select that Series, click Save Changes at the top. After a refresh, your Schedule Select will display the filtration settings you applied on that Agenda or Series.
Watch the video below to see this in action:
What is a Multi-Filter?
Multi-filter allows you to assign a session to multiple filters. This way, attendees can check off multiple categories and find those sessions that are listed under two categories.
For example, if a session is listed under “Marketing” and “Business”, and the attendee selects both of these filters, the schedule will display sessions associated with both categories.
How to Add Multi-Filter to the Schedule
Follow the steps above on your main agenda page until you reach the Filters section. When creating or editing your filter, check Use Multi Filter.
Next, go to the Agenda section and use the down arrow to select the session you’d want to associate the filter with.
Scroll down towards the bottom. In the Filter boxes, select the filters you’d like to associate the session with. Make sure to also check off the Include session in select schedule page during check-in box. Click Save when finished.
(Note: The titles of the Filter boxes will change based on the filters you create.)
Now, when attendees are checking in and choosing their schedule, they have the ability to filter the sessions from multiple categories. Watch the video below to see this in live action:
Additionally, you can sync up your agenda's filters with the schedule selector. Under the Agenda tab, check the Only display the webinar on schedule selector page when value is matched to custom fields box. This will make the filters your attendees use sync with the custom sessions associated with your agenda.
You must check off this box on the series that your webinar events were built from to sync on your event's Agenda.
Streamline your registrant’s agenda search even more by filtering the agenda to only sessions associated with the selected filters. For example, if you have a session under "Monday" and "Tuesday", and a registrant selects those filters, it would show only that session. Toggle on Show items that matches ALL selected filters to show the session associated with the filters. Toggle this setting off if you would like registrants to view all sessions associated with only one filter.
Filter your agenda even more by showing sessions on your agenda regardless of the attendee registering for it or not. You can currently filter your agenda by showing attendees only those sessions they have registered to, blocking off access to seeing any other sessions. Now, you can also select on specific agenda items to show the session regardless of registration. This is great for those informational sessions or other events that might not need registration, but you would still want to show on your agenda.
First, check off Only show agenda for those that registered for attached webinar. Once enabled ON, the Always show agenda setting will populate on your agenda items. You can enable this on for those agenda items you would like displayed regardless of registration.