You can now add a cookie consent bar to your events on BigMarker. This alerts attendees that you will be collecting their information for marketing and other purposes, so they can have the option to accept or decline. This ensures that you remain compliant with local and federal guidelines for data privacy while also giving attendees more control over what information they disclose to your brand.
Important Note: Information is only collected via tracking codes — including Google Analytics, Facebook Pixels, LinkedIn tracking, etc. — when users hit Accept. If a visitor declines the cookie bar or does not hit accept, their information will be not collected.
On BigMarker, you can customize everything from the content of your message to the colors of the Accept and Decline buttons.
Learn how to create cookie consent bars on BigMarker below.
What is a Cookie?
A browser (or HTTP) cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is transferred to your browser through our Site. Cookies allow us to operate and secure our Site, remember users who are logged in, understand how users navigate through and use our Site and associated services (collectively, our “Services”), and to display personalized content and targeted ads on our Site and on third-party sites and online services.
What Cookies are Collected?
- ‘Necessary’ cookies let you move around the Site and use essential features like secure areas and login screens. Without these cookies, we cannot respond to your requests or provide you with the services you request or access on our Site.
- ‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our Site (e.g., which pages you visit and if you experience any errors). They are used to help us improve how the Site works; understand the interests of our users and carry out Site analytics; test different designs and features; and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
- ‘Functional’ cookies enable us to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. For example, we use these cookies to provide certain features (such as embedded content); improve your visit; remember settings you’ve applied, such as language, layout, text size, preferences, and colors; save your cookie preferences, and remember if you have engaged with particular content on the Site so that we don’t show it again. Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
- ‘Targeting’ cookies allow us to better reach you with relevant ads and content—both on our Site and on third-party websites, apps, and online services—and to measure and improve our advertising and marketing. These cookies allow us and third-party agencies, as well as social networks and third-party ad companies to track your visits to the Site.
How to Enable the Cookie Consent Bar
1. Log in to your webinar and select the Manage Webinar tab. On this tab, scroll down and select Cookie Consent Bar.
2. Under Cookie Bar Settings, check the Enable Cookie Consent Bar on Landing Page box.
You can select to have the cookie consent bar show on both your event's landing page and in the webinar room. Click Enable Cookie Consent Bar in Webinar Room (applicable when auto enter is turned on) to have the cookie consent bar show in the webinar room.
Once customized, your cookie consent bar will populate at the bottom of the screen when your attendees are logging on to your event.